Univ.-Prof. Dr. Renate Ortlieb
Short Curriculum Vitae
Renate Ortlieb has been a Full Professor of Human Resource Management at the University of Graz, Austria, since 2009. She studied Business Administration and Economics at the Technische Universität Berlin (Diplom-Kauffrau, 1995) and did her PhD (2002) and her „Habilitation” (2009) at Freie Universität Berlin. She has worked at the universities of Konstanz, Essen, Flensburg and at Freie Universität Berlin. As a visiting researcher and lecturer, she has been at the University of Brighton, Hasselt University and the University of Waterloo, among others. In 2013–2015, she was Chair of the Scientific Commission Human Resource Management in the German Academic Association of Business Research (VHB).
Renate Ortlieb’s research interests are in labour market integration of refugees, impact of the COVID-19 pandemic on business firms, human resource strategies regarding migrant employees; power and gender relations in organizations; working time regimes and working conditions in academia. She is an Associate Editor of the German Journal of Human Resource Management and has published in journals such as the International Journal of Human Resource Management, Group & Organization Management, Organization Studies, British Journal of Industrial Relations and Organization.
More information about Renate Ortlieb at the Research Portal of the University of Graz.
A complete list of publications can be found here.
- KS Human Resource Management: Theoretical Approaches (PMT), BA
- PS Labour Law, Human Resource Management and Employment Relations, MA
- PS Leadership, MA
- SE Seminar Human Resource Management and Leadership, MA
- SE Master Seminar Human Resource Management, MA
- VU Going Gender - Gender Studies in Social Sciences and Business Sciences, MA
- Research Seminar 1 (Research Design), Doctoral programme
- Research Seminar 2 (Exposé Presentation), Doctoral programme
- Advanced Field Course 2 (Advanced Field Course Management), Doctoral programme
Thursday 2:15 - 3:15 p.m. (lecture period)
on appointment via email